Our psychological problems are often not solved at the level at which they arise, but may change as we expand. When we relax more deeply in our body. Mia Leijssen
Rebalancing is a body-oriented therapie in which body wisdom is used as a doorway for awareness and personal growth. Each session is a combination of conversation and bodywork. By conversing and using touch, I help you to become aware of what you are feeling in your body, and how that affects your life. The insights that arise help you to recognise your own limits and to know what you need. Making it easier for you to make choices that suit your life.
The body reveals
In a healthy body, everything is in motion. Only then can it function optimally. Unprocessed experiences and emotions disrupt these dynamics, which can lead to complaints.
During a session, we look at what has stagnated. Not for the purpose of fixing it, because that actually reinforces the dynamics of stagnation. By giving attention to emotions, feelings and experiences, they are recognised and felt. From a broader awareness and deeper relaxation, you start to experience more connection and self-acceptance, allowing new possibilities to arise naturally.
Rebalancing & trauma
If an experience was too much, too fast and too sudden, it can store itself in your body as trauma. In trauma things are stuck together, such as images, thoughts, emotions and body sensations. By integrating these parts you can reduce the charge of trauma.
When would you choose Rebalancing?
- If you have health problems due to overwork and chronic stress.
- When you worry a lot and want more peace in your mind.
- If you have difficulties in recognizing and expressing your feelings.
- When you struggle with your emotions and want to experience more stability.
- For support in processing profound (traumatic) experiences.
- Or does uncertainty get in your way and do you want to experience more grounding?
- If you want support in coping with loss and mourning.
- To relax more deeply in your body and regain your joy and vitality.
- A session lasts one hour upto five quarters.
- The session takes partially place on a massage table.
- To give your process depth it is recommended to come at least 5 times.
- Most health insurance companies partially reimburse Rebalancing.